“Fun, insightful and rewarding! I’ve learned so much in such a short space of time and I’m very excited to put everything I’ve learned into practice.”
Do you want to be able to:
- Easily read, and independently learn, new sheet music and vocal scores?
- Check keys, ranges and arrangements of songs for your rep?
- Confidently note-bash audition material by yourself?
- Feel at ease following complex or untidy libretti in vocal calls?
- Ask the questions to which you’ve never really understood the answers?
Then this is the music reading course for you!
Spread over 4 x two-hour sessions, this online course is specifically designed with performers in mind: whether you’re working professionally, in training, or just perform for fun! Focussing on scores from the worlds of musical theatre and pop, this course is ideally suited to MT actors, singers, dancers and students. No keyboard is required (just a device that can download apps), and no prior music-reading skills are necessary.
“This course has certainly taken me out of my comfort zone. It has been fun but also super challenging. Jack really makes sure you understand what is being taught by either asking or through example. The course is well structured, fun and insightful. I have new knowledge which will help me throughout my career.”
This intensive music reading course:
- Covers all relevant and essential music theory and notation*
- Teaches basic keyboard skills for independent note-bashing
- Provides worksheets and examples from 1920s theatre to current pop
- Gives you the tools to truly understand and follow unfamiliar vocal scores
- Includes individual feedback, tips and guidance throughout
* This is not simply a music theory course. It is a tried and tested practical course designed for theatre performers who need to feel in control of reading and using sheet music notation.
Strictly limited to 10 participants, so book now!
The next online music reading course is likely to run in Autumn 2021. To be the first to know when the next dates go live, please leave your details in the form below.
“I already thought I had a decent understanding of music, but it turns out Jack literally knows everything and anything! Would highly recommend this course. I now feel so much more confident with reading sheet music! Jack is full of knowledge and is so patient when teaching.”
“An amazing crash course for performers who need to sharpen their sheet music skills. It’s crazy how much content you get through in just 4 weeks, but Jack makes it fun and you leave each lesson feeling confident!! It’s a MUST!”
Classes delivered by: Jack Bennett BMus (Hons), DipABRSM, FRSA, FASC, MISM
Jack is an award-winning musical director, pianist, arranger and teacher. He studied Music at Royal Holloway, University of London before joining the world of theatre. Jack’s energy places him in high demand as a teacher, both of musical theatre vocal coaching and of piano and music theory. He has taught for ArtsEd, Urdang and Laine Theatre Arts, and delivered classes and workshops across the UK, Europe and Dubai. Jack regularly deps on The Lion King (Lyceum Theatre), has played for West End rehearsals and auditions including School of Rock (Gillian Lynne Theatre), and most recently was Associate Conductor on The Boy Friend (Menier Chocolate Factory).